Motto: You are not alone!
Sudden change of lifestyle - child or children neglected and traumatised under your care or whanau care
Cause - Due to drugs, death, substance abuse, physical or mental illness or parent in prison
Knowledge & Support - empowerment to give the best to ourselves and our mokos' wellbeing.
Waitakere GRG is a branch of the GRG Trust NZ which has been supporting Grandparents and whanau since 1999.
Free services include:
* Support 0800 GRANDS (0800 472 637) - Helpline, clothing and care packages as available, guidance, advice and agency referrals
* Income Support Advice and Advocacy eg Work & Income, ACC, IRD and Oranga Tamariki
* Community Outreach & Advocacy eg Education Special Needs, Family Court and other community support for our mokos and whanau
* Support Group meetings - sharing and networking
* Caregiver Education workshops
* Written material to capture events and services happening around your area via website and email etc
* Go out for a coffee and just vent, you are guaranteed confidentiality and you are partnered with someone who has gone through a situation and understands the dilemma of second round parenthood
Esther Mob 0212510690 firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Mob 0274962087 email@example.com
Gina Mob 02041112699 firstname.lastname@example.org
New Lynn GRG
Robyn / Graeme Mob 021309365 email@example.com