The new Privacy Act 2020 replaces the 27-year-old Privacy Act 1993.
The new Privacy Act will take effect from 1 December 2020.
Here are some of the key areas of change:
• Mandatory notification of harmful privacy breaches.
• Introduction of compliance orders.
• Binding access determinations.
• Controls on the disclosure of information overseas.
• New criminal offences.
• Explicit application to businesses whether or not they have a legal or physical presence in New Zealand.
Click here to find out more